Yipppppeeeee!! My family’s going away for the weekend and I’m super psyched! My Dad’s friend is letting us use his lake cottage, and even though it’s too cold to swim, there’s a TON of fun stuff we can do, like bike riding and maybe even renting a boat.
OMG so fun!!
I really wanted to invite Chloe and Zoey, but Dad was all like, “I don’t drive a clown car, Nikki! We can’t just squeeze all your BEF’s into it!” I think he meant BFFs. Seriously, old people shouldn’t use young people slang. It’s painful to hear it, like nails down a chalk board.
The lake’s a few hours away, so there’s a distinct possibility I may die from Briannitis (the clinical name for Brianna overexposure). It’s not a recognized condition, but I think they should add it to Web MD. It would look a little something like this:
Briannitis (Brianna overexposure):
Briannitis is a serious, chronic condition, resulting from overexposure to crazy, bratty siblings who sing excessively and off-key in confined spaces, like cars. Symptoms can include bleeding ears, exploding ear drums, and sudden death.
I tried to tell Dad that bringing Brianna was a serious risk to my health, but he wasn’t buying it. Oh well…we’re going away for the weekend.
Since spending hours in a car with my whole family feels a lot like getting a root canal, I’ve come up with a list of road trip essentials.
This way, I’ll have tons of stuff to keep myself busy, so I can tune my mom out when she’s all like, “Who wants to sing ‘Row Row Row Your Boat’ in a round?” Or when she suggests some lame car game, like I Spy or 20 Questions.
Here’s what I got so far:
- iPod, loaded with every song by Justin Bieber, Katy Perry, Rihanna, Demi Lovato, Selena Gomez, and Lady Gaga
- A bag of snacks, including crackers, cookies, cupcakes, chips, pretzels, and an apple (to put on top, so my Mom assumes it’s a bunch of healthy stuff)
- At least 4 magazines
- My diary
- My sketch book, colored pencils, colored pens, and assorted markers
- One, preferably two, Mad Libs books
- A fuzzy pillow, in case I feel like dreaming of all the fun I’m going to have over the weekend!
- Masking tape, to tape a line on the middle of the back seat that Brianna is absolutely NOT allowed to cross
- – A camera to take tons of pictures that I will later complain I can’t add to Facebook, since Mom is totally weird about me putting personal pictures online
- A portable DVD player (note to self: make a batch of fake vomit, fake sickness at 10:00 PM tonight, and then guilt Dad into buying a portable DVD player. Remember to have a miraculous recovery tomorrow when Dad gets home from work, just in time to head to Best Buy!)
So that’s what I got so far. I think that should be enough to keep me busy, and immune to Briannitis, for at least a few hours. At least I hope!
Do you have any ideas for new music I can put on my iPod? What about magazines…which ones do you like to read?