Chloe, Zoey, and I had SO much fun at the mall yesterday after school!!
This was our no-CCP-talk-and-no-crush-talk day, and I COULDN’T WAIT to hang out and have a drama-free afternoon!!
We decided to do a mall scavenger hunt!
We made a list of 10 things we each needed to take pictures of, and then we split up with plans to meet up in an hour in the food court.
Here was the list:
1. An old lady holding a baby on an escalator. (It’s easy to find old ladies and babies on escalators, but not necessarily TOGETHER!)
2. A mom trying on mom jeans. (You know, those super high-waisted ones!)
3. A heel bigger than six inches.
4. A man in cowboy boots AND a cowboy hat.
5. A sales associate wearing WAY too much makeup. (They’re actually all over the department store cosmetics section!)
6. A bottle of perfume that cost more than $100.
7. A sparkly purple nail polish. (This isn’t actually THAT hard to find…I just REALLY wanted to buy one, and I thought it would be easier if three people were looking for it!)
8. A receipt for a purchase over $200 (meaning someone dropped it, or it was in a trash can).
9. Someone, anyone, wearing all three primary colors (red, yellow, and blue).
10. Four people at a food court table eating food from FOUR DIFFERENT restaurants!
We actually had a TON of different ideas for the scavenger hunt, but we decided these were the best ones!
An hour really wasn’t a ton of time to find this stuff! I got a HUGE platform shoe in Hot Topic, and an old lady with SO much makeup she kind of looked like a geriatric clown. (Geriatric means super old!!)
Right when I was about to snap a picture of four people eating food from four different restaurants, I heard, “Hi Nikki.”
I turned around and saw that it was Brandon!
I was SO psyched that he was talking to me since I STILL didn’t know what was in that box MacKenzie gave him. This made me kind of nervous.
I WANTED to say, “So nice to see you! So what did MacKenzie give you??” But that would have been totally weird, and I was still kind of scared to find out!
We were both just standing there, not saying anything, and it was getting super awkward!
He was holding a bag from Foot Locker, so I asked, “Did you buy some new feet?”
Then I realized what I said! I meant to say SHOES…not feet!
He laughed and said, “Nah…haven’t grown out of these ones yet.”
We were both standing there, blushing, looking at our shoes, and blushing some more, when finally he said, “I’m heading to the animal shelter with my grandmother. Want to come?”
I SO wanted to come!! That meant for sure he wasn’t mad at me, and I couldn’t wait to see all those cute puppies!!
Just then, a man in a cowboy hat and cowboy boots walked by…AND he was wearing a shirt with ALL THREE primary colors!
I muttered, “Score!” and took a quick photo.
That’s when I realized…I couldn’t leave Chloe and Zoey. This was our girls’ day, and NOTHING was going to ruin that for us!
After Brandon left, I found almost everything else on the list JUST IN TIME to meet up with them. (The only thing I didn’t get was a mom trying on mom jeans…guess moms are stepping up their fashion game!)
We ate pizza and laughed at all the ridiculous photos we took.
It was SUCH an awesome day!! I think we might do this scavenger hunt thing again at some point. What do you think we should add to the list for next time?