Have you ever yelled, “Moooooom!” and then because she didn’t answer you yelled it again, and again, and again, and again, until finally she screamed from another room, “Whaaaaat?!?”
Maybe you were in the bathroom and you needed a little toilet paper ‘cause the roll was out. Or maybe you had to ask her a super pressing question, like whether she’d drive you to the mall in an hour, and you were way too tired from stressing about possibly not having a ride to get up, go downstairs, and ask.
So you just kinda started screaming for her, knowing she’d eventually hear if you yelled a little louder every time.
Brianna has been doing that to me for the last 15 minutes. I kid you not! She has been screeching my name like a dang fool FOREVER, and I refuse to give in and answer!! I’m SO not her mom, and it won’t work on me!
I know it may sound kind of mean. You might be thinking, “What if she fell and broke her hip?!?”
Well, first let me remind you this isn’t my 90-year old great grandmother I’m talking about. Brianna drinks a ton of milk and her bones are just fine! And let me further remind you I know Brianna’s I’m-in-serious-trouble-and-really-need-help scream. This isn’t it!
This is her I’m-lazy-and-I-want-something-from-you scream, and it won’t work on me! Sorry, thanks for playing, game over!
So just to keep myself busy until she gets tired and gives up…or screams one too many times and loses her voice…I’ve decided to tell you the top 7 most annoying things about my bratty sister.
1. Brianna jumps on my bed at 7:00 every Saturday morning, singing, “Five little monkeys jumping on the bed!” Yup, that’s what I wake up to at a RIDICULOUSLY early hour. I know…crazy, huh?
2. Whenever she eats mashed potatoes, she puts her nose in her plate pretending to be a little piggy eating out of a trough.
3. She screams almost everything that she says while we’re hanging out in the backyard because, as she says, “I DON’T GOTS TO USE MY INDOOR VOICE BECAUSE WE’RE NOT INSIDE!!!!!”
4. She asks a question, and then after I answer, asks, “Why?” And then after I answer THAT, she asks, “Why?” And then when I answer THAT… It just goes on and on and on! And it’s unbearable!!
5. The second I get on the phone, she sits next to me and starts poking at my side to get my attention. Why in the world she waits until then, I have no idea!
6. Oh, oh Miss Penelope! I can’t believe I got this far in the list before mentioning Miss Penelope! Only a totally warped little human would turn her hand into a tiny decapitated person. So WEIRD!!
7. She’s STILL calling my name!!
OK, that’s it. Little sister is going down!!! BRB…
Awwwww! OK, so I totally have the sweetest little sister in the whole wide world. I stormed into her room all annoyed and ready to scream, and guess what I saw? You’ll never guess! You guessing?
Brianna decorated her whole room with streamers and hung up this picture she drew of the two of us holding hands. Then when I walked in, she said, “Surprise! Thanks for being an awesome sister!”
Then she asked me to sit down for a tea party with her, which I usually find super lame, but she had Mom make my favorite red velvet cake!
I asked, “What’s all this for??” And then she goes, “Can’t a girl just love her sister?”
I take it back. Brianna is not annoying OR a brat…well, not always! I love that little weirdo!