Here’s what you’ll need for the Hot Chocolate Santa Claus Treat:
- Instant Hot Chocolate Mix
- Miniature White Marshmallows
- 2 Large White Marshmallows
- 1 Pack of Red Candy (use M&Ms, Skittles, Shoestring Licorice, orPeppermint)
- 2 Brown Pipe Cleaners or 2 Candy Canes
- 1 Sheet of White Paper
- 2 Googly Eyes (or a Black Sharpie Marker)
- 1 Red Mini Pom Pom
- Clear Pastry Piping Bags (each treat needs 2 bags)
- Twist Ties (each treat needs 3 ties or you can use rubber bands)
- 12-inch Decorative Ribbon (or a colorful pipe cleaner)
- Low-Temperature Glue Gun and Glue Sticks (or double-sided tape orcraft glue)
Twist the pastry piping bag closed about 2 inches from the bottom of the bag then secure it with a twist tie.
Cut off the bottom of the bag below the twist tie.
Add 3⁄4 cups of hot chocolate mix into the pastry piping bag making sure the chocolate goes all the way to the bottom of the bag.
Twist the top of the bag closed and secure it with a twist tie.
Cut off the top of the bag just above the twist tie and set the bag aside.
Pour 1⁄4 cup of your fav red candy into the bottom of the other empty pastry bag.
Place 2 large Marshmallows into the bag so its next to the red candy.
Place the sealed hot chocolate pastry piping bag into the other pastry bag so its next to the large marshmallows being sure to line up the side seams of the bags together.
Pour 1⁄2 cup of miniature marshmallows into the pastry bag so its next to the sealed hot chocolate bag.
Twist the bottom of the bag closed and secure it with a twist tie.
Glue on 2 Googly Eyes in the hot chocolate section of the bag below the large Marshmallows.
Cut out a small mustache from the white paper and glue it on below the eyes.
Glue on Santa’s red pom pom nose in the center of the mustache.
Using the Ribbon tie a nice bow at the bottom of the bag or use a Pipe Cleaner and shape it into a cool bow.
Well Done! You’ve just made a yummy Santa Claus Hot Chocolate treat. Don’t forget to add a personalized gift tag! 😀
Place 3 tablespoons of marshmallows and 3 tablespoons of hot chocolate mix into your favorite mug. Add 1 cup of hot water or milk. Stir, sip and savor!
1 Santa Claus treat makes 4 servings of hot chocolate.